Internship Reference: QDBS03
This magazine company is the number one seller in the City. They are cool, edgy and always the people to turn to to find out whats happening in Qingdao. The English magazine and WeChat account serve as Qingdao’s Official Guide, in addition to comprehensive contract publishing (print and web), event services, translation and sourcing. They also organise city-wide events from pub crawls to concerts, fun runs and more making it the perfect place for creative people to thrive. Digital skills and experience are in high demand in the job market, this is a great platform for interns to put their digital marketing knowledge into practical use and learn new skills at the same time.
Number of staff: 3-10
Digital Marketing & Media Internship
- Digital marketing plan: this is a flexible role for anyone interested in developing skills in the digital marketing. The idea is to help come up with change and improvements to all online platforms and contribute to the constant development of the digital marketing plan.
- WeChat – maintaining and shaping the future of the company’s official WeChat account.
- Web design – updating and redesigning parts of the website and maintaining a cohesive brand.
- Digital Development: Our small organisation is exciting and dynamic, we are developing fast, especially in the areas of information technology, direct marketing and networking. We now have particular need for skills to help develop our core business, as well as identify new opportunities.
- Event Management: Regular events in the local music, arts and cultural scene are organised and regularly held by the company. All interns get involved in organising and helping to manage events on a regular basis.
- Content creation: We need ‘explorers’ – interns who are keen to go out, explore the city and engage with people to get content. As well as researching for popular trends and topics worth to write about in the magazine.
- Custom Relation: Looking for (new) partners to cooperate, e.g. to cooperate at events. This task includes writing e-mails and calling potential partners.
- Excellent English required and Chinese ability is a plus
- Most important are good writing skills, enthusiams & bright ideas
- Candidates with previous digital know-how (making & editing photos/ videos) add value to potential intern. We can offer training from our own design team if you can offer commitment, creativity and motivation.
- Basic html experience and some design experience with Adobe In-Design or Photoshop would be helpful but not necessary
- Intern should bring their own laptop with them to the office