Internship Reference: QDEN01
This is a daughter company of a UK firm. They have been supplying premier products and services to the offshore, oil, gas, refinery, petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial manufacturing and marine industries worldwide for more than 60 years.
Our specialist expertise contributes to the safe operation of many of the world’s leading industrial complexes where our products protect a wide range of equipment. Examples include large electric motors & generators, compressors & pump drives, motor control centres, switchgear and instrumentation, distributed control (DCS) systems, control panels, process analysers, condition monitoring systems, welding machines and computer hardware.
The company also provides solutions for environmental protection using our purge and pressurization units to prevent dust, corrosives and other non-hazardous gases from contaminating electrical equipment installed in enclosures close to process applications.
From the UK, USA and a recently opened factory in China the company delivers certified solutions for simple and complex hazardous area projects.
Number of staff: 7
- Design ergonomic layout of the new production line
- Define tooling and kanban for the line
- Create work instructions to company standards
- Inspect quality of incoming goods, including audits of local suppliers and overseeing their metalwork fabrication
- Work together with factory supervisor (Chinese national) to compile bilingual work instructions (English/Chinese)
- Estimate cost of enclosures and cabinets from customer’s drawings, using SolidWorks CAD
- Design test rigs and custom enclosures to company standards, using SolidWorks CAD
- Suggest and implement improvements to existing manufacturing processes
- Support the team in maintenance and extension of factory installations, eg. compressed air line, electrical distribution.
- Speaks English
- Engineering education, ideally mechanical background
- Proactiveness, positive attitude and adaptability
- Confidence to suggest new ideas and support a small team a bonus.