Position Code: MANHR05
The organisation is a celebrated, multi-award-winning, globally unique climate change learning-and-doing project founded in Manchester registered as a charity. Based on a uniquely flexible framework for a day’s worth of highly relevant climate-change learning, and with large-scale take-up across the UK and Europe, more than 20,000 learners have now been certified as Carbon Literate. The organization’s learning and certification cover the essentials of climate change, carbon footprints, how an individual can ‘do their bit’, and why it’s relevant from individual to organisation.
Human Resources Internship
As an HR intern, you will be fully immersed in the workings of our small team, pitching in with daily activities, being assigned personal responsibilities and tasks, and carrying out specific project work as and when the need arises.
Some of the work you might typically be involved in is likely to include:
- Helping to design changes, organising, administering our new HR system.
- Data handling, organisation and analysis.
- Online and real-world research to generate learning.
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
Key personal attributes:
- An interest in climate change learning and meaningful carbon reduction.
- The ability to work well as part of a small team.
- The willingness to learn and practice new skills.
- Competent English language skills – reading and writing.
- A desire to question. Learn and act on that learning.
- Basic experience and competence with typical business software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint – others an advantage.
- Good communication skills.
- Desirable skills/experience.
- Experience volunteering or working with a charity, particularly in the field of sustainability.
- Certified as Carbon Literate.
- Some experience or knowledge of working with personal information and confidentiality.
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!