Internship Reference: DLBS43
The company is a pan-Asia, multi-disciplinary professional services firm, providing legal, tax and operational advisory to international corporate investors. Operational throughout China, India and ASEAN, our mission is to guide foreign companies through Asia’s complex regulatory environment and assist them with all aspects of establishing, maintaining and growing their business operations in the region. With more than two decades of on-the-ground experience and a large team of lawyers, tax experts and auditors, in addition to researchers and business analysts, we are your partner for growth in Asia.
Originally incorporated in Hong Kong in 1992, the company is in its third decade of operations and has subsequently grown to support office and staff throughout China, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, and Vietnam together with our alliance partners in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand. Our firm also maintain several liaison offices in the United States and Europe.
International Business Advisory Assistant (Intern) – German Speaking
Providing assistance on the German Desk:
- Conducting research on legal, tax and finance matters in China and in the wider Asia region.
- Writing articles in German and/or English related to foreign direct investment (FDI) in China and in the wider Asia region.
- Producing other forms of marketing content as required.
- Translating existing articles and existing marketing material from English into German.
- Assistance with the management of existing relationships with German Desk partners and German Desk clients.
- Assistance with the development of new relationships with potential German Desk partners and potential German Desk clients.
Providing assistance on the International Business Advisory (IBA) team:
- Assist the business development team in all aspects of client development and account management
- Assist in organizing prospective client meetings and documenting discussions
- Prepare power point presentations, proposals and engagement contracts for prospective clients
- Conduct client development–related research projects
- Attend client development events and serve as a representative of the company
- Conceive on and carry out individual research projects and produce well-written reports
- Research and outreach for local business organizations for cooperation and partnership opportunities
- Customer Relationship Management
- Administrative tasks as necessary or helpful from time to time.
- Strong English and German-language writing and speaking skills
- Communication skills, and desire to meet and interact with Western businessmen
- Knowledge of tax, accounting, law and foreign investment
- Business development and sales skills and experience
- Detail-oriented, sense of responsibility and commitment to a team
- Interest in the Asia business and investment environment
- Proactive worker that demonstrate initiative
- Graduate or currently studying for a university degree, business or law major (desirable but not required)
- Applicants must meet the requirements to work as an intern pursuant to the local labor law / regulations.