Position Code: SGBS19
This Ho Chi Minh City-based Child Welfare Association is one of the oldest non-profit organizations working for Children’s Rights in the city. Since its inception in 1988, they have operated many shelters, facilities, and organized many successful programs and projects for underprivileged communities where children are the main targets.
They have built a wide-ranging network of collaborators who care about and work on regional children’s issues and who continuously improve their caring capacity and ability to help disadvantaged people. Building a strong connection with the local People’s Committee, local organizations, NPOs/NGOs, educational centres, and state-owned and private enterprises is a way for the Host Company to share their message.
For over 34 years they have cared for and supported over 300,000 children and adolescents in difficult circumstances.
Role: Events Member Internship
This Internship Host Company is looking for volunteers for its Communications and Fundraising Departments. The aims of their team are to share positive messages and information to their collaborators, supporters and the general public about children’s rights and child protection, as well as to build on their network of collaborators and supporters so that they may provide the highest level of care for all impoverished children.
They are looking for enthusiastic volunteers whose dedication will inspire them on their mission to provide support for the community.
- Design, create, coordinate and implement online/offline fundraising events.
- Reach out and confirm support from potential donors and sponsors of events on a weekly basis, including securing venues, raffle/auction donations, regular support, etc.
- Secure donations and outside support for all resources needed for all events.
- Ensure the promotion of the event’s contributors and supporters before and after through the Host Company’s social media channels and website.
- Create event pages on social media, share, tag and seed to optimize reach.
- Work ‘on the ground’ at offline events.
- Work closely with the communications team to effectively promote all events online and offline.
- Attract long-term sponsors and donors through events.
- Create engaging ways to share knowledge of the Host Company with attendees to entice members of the public to join our community and support us.
- Financial management of events, including the utmost transparency at all times.
- Financially report to Host Company management after the event.
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- Real experience coordinating or managing events or working at events.
- Realistic ideas of a variety of different events which you can coordinate.
- Ability to identify and secure new supporters or partnerships specifically for events.
- Ability to use social media channels to promote events, and reach out to potential sponsors.
- Knowledge of how to organize large or effective fundraising events.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work closely with the communications team to optimize promotional reach.
- Knowledge of Children’s Rights is an advantage.