Internship Reference: MXSC01
This company is a Mexican civil society organisation dedicated to the conservation and resilience of biodiversity and environmental services that contribute to building a just and fair society in harmony with nature.
Since its creation this company has focused on fostering behavioural changes in society to achieve better patterns of natural resource use and management, which have made it possible to address problems such as marginalisation, unemployment, migration and other challenges that threaten the communities that own priority lands for biodiversity conservation.
Environmental Impact Analyst with Environmental Organisation
You will have the opportunity to work side by side with a Mexican civil society organisation dedicated to the conservation and resilience of biodiversity and environmental services that contribute to building a just and equitable society in harmony with nature.
You will work with the organisation to restore and conserve Mexico’s biodiversity through three programmes: Water, Climate Change and Nature.
Your position will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Reviewing academic literature related to relevant ecosystem assessments
- Research ecosystem assessment case studies to determine methodology, approach and data used
- Conduct interviews with practitioners and academics
- Build a framework for conducting a comprehensive ecosystem assessment, based on a review of the literature and case studies, as well as interviews
- Inventory and compile the relevant datasets set out in the framework and identify gaps
- Support the organisation in its three programmes Water, Climate Change and Nature as required.
- We are looking for applicants who are studying or recently studied an environmental science related degree.
- Interest in environmental and energy issues
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing and research skills
- Data and information management