Position Code: TPBS128
This is an artificial intelligence and smart e-commerce technology company from Silicon Valley. They personalize customer journeys through real-time, adaptive & omnichannel experiences for 1.2M+ people per day from 190+ countries. Their one mission is to build the world’s most intuitive & intelligent commerce platform that customers love & everything else comes second.
As a fast-growing global company with team members across North America, Asia, and Europe and strong remote work culture, they are actively hiring globally, with some region-specific remote positions.
Year founded: 2019
Industry: SaaS, E-commerce, Artificial Intelligence
Team size: 30+
Headquarter offices: Michigan, US, and Taipei, Taiwan
Role: Engagement and Marketing Specialist
This internship would provide valuable experience for University students who are in the business/communication track and interested in these roles after graduation:HR Specialist, Internal Marketing/Communication Specialist, Chief of Staff, People Operations, Recruiter.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Global Operations Manager:
Areas you will own:
- Team events & activities: plan, execute, and do post-event evaluation. Some ongoing events they have are birthdays, Happy Hour, Milestone parties, team game day, taco day
- Company branding: coordinate CIS project (Company Identity System) to build their website and social media pages, merchandise, and onboarding packages
- Content creation: work with Growth and Operations teams to brainstorm and draft external & internal marketing content
Areas of mentorship
Every week, you will enjoy a one-hour 1:1 mentorship session with the Global Operations Manager. You can ask anything you want to learn about the operations of tech startups or personal coaching.
Topic suggestions: technical recruiting practices, policies, internal communication, career development, etc.
What you will learn:
- Core knowledge on employee engagement for startups from ideas to iteration
- Internal branding process and marketing content creation
Insights and hands-on experience on how a global tech startup operates
- Current trends and practices of distributed teamwork
What you will earn
- Mentorship opportunities with your direct manager and learning opportunities with other team leads
- Access to the latest software tools, classes, subscriptions, and resources in tech
- Recommendation letters and internship evaluation upon request
- Paid internship extension: for qualified interns who want to extend their internship for 3+ months
(eg. Applicant’s major, specific language skills, or duration of internship required –
● Good command of English, both written and spoken. Nice to have: commercial writing interest and experience
● Excellent interpersonal communication skills, detail-oriented, diligent, able to make decisions
● Some experience or strong interest in event planning and internal communication
● In their senior year of college. Nice to have: In relevant majors, eg: business, communication,
● Have your own laptop and stable internet to work remotely
● Work hours: flexible office hours in Asia/EU time zones
● Work schedule: fixed schedule for 3 days/ week, 8 hours/day (your one-hour mentorship sessions should be booked outside of work hours)
● Internship duration: minimum 3 months
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!