Position Code: TPEN07
This is a Californian company with a branch in Taipei. They are a hardware design house, focused primarily on IoT, consumer products, micro-mobility, and medical devices.
They are a nimble team of two brothers with backgrounds in mechanical and electrical engineering. One key advantage of working with them is that you get hands-on experience right from the start. Being small allows them to run lean and focus on engineering rather than paperwork.
Their clients include startups and well-established companies. Products they have been working on include consumer products, wireless power transfer, micro-mobility, automotive, access control, and medical devices.
They are looking for a dynamic, energetic intern who is eager to learn about their company by assisting both founders.
Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Intern
Possible tasks and projects include:
- Attend meetings, take minutes and action items
- PCB design in Altium (schematics, layout, and library creation)
- Basic electrical design (analog and/or digital)
- Perform research at a supervisor’s request.
- USB-C power delivery capabilities
- Li-ion battery charging circuit requirements
- Typical phone cameras buses and how they communicate to an MCU
- What’s inside a wireless mouse and how does it work
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- A final year student or recent graduate in engineering or STEM fields
- Passionate about engineering as a whole, not only about a specific field of engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. English required, Mandarin Chinese preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to cope well under pressure
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!