Internship Code: VLCME01
We are the definitive English-speaking guide to Valencia. Our digital magazine carries extensive listings, up-to-date and informed articles on restaurants, chill out, clubland, football, culture, arts, books, woman and much more. Our mission is to inform and entertain locals, expats and visitors to Valencia.
You will be working alongside our editorial team to create articles and content for our multimedia magazine.
Possible tasks include:
- Type up key articles (articles that are still relevant in 2021) from the magazine paper archive and digital archive
- Send new articles, reports, revising & updating LISTINGS section of the website
- Scan English-speaking news about Valencia on social media news/ pages for interesting places/happenings/events etc.
- Be a social media co-ordinator/community manager for our brand and website with the aim of promoting the Facebook page to a much wider range of readers around the globe who have an interest in Valencia, and working out ways for us to reach a much wider audience locally and globally
- Co-ordinate Instagram page, this will include effectively tagging photos from our Facebook archive that are timeless and relevant to today too.
- Write articles about your (virtual) experience in Valencia regarding the culture (could be nightlife, restaurants, sports, beach etc…) that will be included on our site
- Research and visiting museums, art galleries (virtually if necessary) to report on exhibitions.
- Visit (virtually if necessary) free events around the city, and pre-report and post-report on them.
- Explore (virtually if necessary) the distinctive barrios of Valencia including the historic centre, Ruzafa, Benimaclet, Cabanyal, Canovas.
- Make photo compilations of distinctive areas or places of interest, and edit them into videos for the video channel.
- Carry out interviews (via Zoom if necessary).
- Provide support to the editorial team and their digital strategy as required.
- Make/edit/compile/complete quality short films (between 7 -12 minutes) about Valencia with copyright free material that we send you or that you have sourced yourself
- Edit videos using music soundtrack for each short film (these can be provided by Spanish National Television soundtrack musician based in Valencia)
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Write creatively in fluent English
- Comfortably use social media such as Facebook & Instagram
- Demonstrate great time management and flexibility within the role
- Be creative, innovative, and digitally smart offering up new ideas, obligations and responsibilities:
- Be punctual with deadlines and respect office hours for emails
- Do graphic design, photography & video editing (beneficial, but not essential)