Internship Code: PEKBS05
This internship host is a customized market research practice that analyzes end-users, channels and value chains in urban and rural economies in China and APAC markets.
Their multi-methodology approach leverages qualitative, quantitative and secondary research means to build solutions tailored for clients’ needs. The companies toolbox includes conducting desk research, expert in-depth interviews, user focus groups and large sample online surveys.
One of their key focuses is on the food industry, where they study the ecosystem from farm to table. They are developing a holistic understanding of food innovations and systems with the aim to support improvements in safety, security, accessibility and sustainability.
They publish ad-hoc industry white papers to fuel a wider understanding of rapidly developing segments in the food industry. Earlier this year, they published a white paper on China alternative protein products market landscape.
Desk Research and Social Media Internship
Support desk research and analysis for an industry white paper on food packaging innovations in China or other food industry-related projects, and develop marketing updates for the company newsletter and Linkedin.
- Organise research content according to topics
- Conduct an exhaustive online search using Baidu, Google, credible information sources
- Read, digest and summarize relevant reports and news
- List down remaining questions unanswered, knowledge gaps
- Develop social media updates on industry developments for company newsletter and Linkedin
- Preferred degrees: Business, Economics, Engineering-related
- Language skills: English & Chinese
- Duration of internship: 8 weeks; 4 days a week, 8 hours each day
- Think logically and analytically
- Communicate clearly through verbal and online means
- Organised in scheduling and completing tasks
- Ask questions proactively when facing problems
- Be open to criticism and guidance
- Curious to understand more about the food industry – how, where, why
- Responsible, responsive and independent