Internship Reference: ZHDS27
Founded in 1962, this German company is a leading manufacturer of door closers, locks, anti-panic solutions and door hinges. Important individual components that equip doors with functionality. 450 employees world wide are employed by this company in Europe and Asia. Besides the manufacturing plants in Menden, Germany and Luckenwalde, Germany, it has it’s Asian headquarters in Zhuhai, China.
The internship will be in the Product Management Department, where the intern will work together with the facility workforce (Chinese citizens but English speaking [also sometimes German speaking]) to create a product database for a new client in India. The Indian-based client need all their orders to be customized (labels, logos, packing, etc.). On top of this, the German business will be introducing new products in India, which are produced by third parties. For this, the German company require a proper database, which is to be used by various departments (Sales, Purchasing, QC, SCM, etc.). The intern would help create the database for the third party products.
Developing and improving new introduced products’ documentation & database for 1 customer, which mainly includes:
- Checking sample & drawings of products from partner companies and creating final drawings, i.e. product drawing and logo drawing
- Checking mounting instruction from supplier and developing customized mounting instruction
- Checking and creating product specs
- Definition of testing parameters together with PM team and QC
- Maintaining & updating above product database
- Supplier visits if needed
The duration of the internship position will last a minimum of 2 months. The product database will include CAD drawings that must be created (so the ideal candidate should be very familiar with CAD software), mounting instructions, other product related information or the definition of QC and in-house testing parameters. On top of this, responsibilities may include communication with the supplier for technical questions, and visits (together with purchasing) if needed.
- Major preferred in Engineering, Industrial & Civilian Construction, Architectonics or related studies
- Self-motivated, self-discipline and a team player
- Result driven and strong logical thinking
- Familiar with CAD 2D software and good drawing reading and creating skills