Internship Reference: QDDE07
After a long career in industry, a French entrepreneur decided to indulge his creative side. He spent some time designing couture dresses for Hollywood A-listers, and then moved to China. In China, not only does he design for some major international brands, he has also set up a clothing line dedicated to his daughter. The clothing line is dancing-themed dresses for young girls. He aims to build a business bringing French dance culture to China through the clothing line, as well as develop the children’s clothing line on an international scale. In addition, he has also secured a contract to provide products for the upcoming 2022 Winter Olympics, to be held in Beijing.
Fashion Design Assistant
- Support Lead Designer in design of dancing-inspired dresses for young girls.
- Support Lead Designer with design and development of projects for major international brands.
- Provide input and new ideas based on your background and experience.
- Learn how a foreign designer and entrepreneur can build an international business in China.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required by supervisor.
- Demonstrable interest in fashion design.
- Proven design ability – both by hand and through computer tools.
- Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator ability needed.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and in person.
- Willing to provide new ideas and collaborate with other designers.
- French language, while not required for this internship, will be a bonus.