Internship Reference: CDBS101
This company is one of the largest Chinese travel agents in Canada. Founded in 1992, the company has over 24 years of successful tourism and travel management experience. Its business covers a wide range of travel related products, including flight and hotel bookings, cruises, tours, insurance and visas etc. Headquartered in Toronto, the company also has 13 offices across Canada, the USA and China and enjoys a highly positive reputation in the industry. It was the sole appointed travel agent in Canada for the Shanghai’s World Expo in 2010, and winner of Chinese Canadian Entrepreneur Award.
The Company’s online platform for Chengdu was founded in 2016 and has a strong and international team. It has built a core platform which provides online shopping experiences to the consumers, as well as business intelligences to the management.
With its fast growth and expansion, the company’s website is anxiously looking for new talents. The Data/Pricing Analyst (Internship) is the role that is being recruited for with InternChina. The qualified candidates will be performing data analysis based on the big data the system produces, providing key findings to the management to improve sales volumes and profitability. The candidates will have the opportunity to learn about the Chinese online travel industry, as well as how a foreign company operates in China.
Data / Pricing Analyst
- Collect and analyse various data from the platform and systems;
- Transfer data into business intelligence and management reports;
- Deliver key findings to management;
- Provide new ideas and suggestions to the operation and process of the business;
- Undertake coaching sessions with the company’s experienced
The position can be tailored to fit the candidate’s strengths – this could mean more involvement with either the Business Development, Tech Development or Operations departments.
- Recent graduates / final year university students in the disciplines of Management, Marketing, Tourism, and Information Technology preferred. Other majors are welcome too
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English. Knowledge of Mandarin a plus
- Strong analytical skills, number-driven thinking
- Basic skills with Excel, good with numbers
- Passionate in learning about business in China
- Interests in the travel
- Self-starter, proactive individual, with a strong attention to detail