Position Code: BERIT03
This internship host company is a Berlin-based sustainable energy startup.
They are developing AI-driven algo-trading technology in the age of renewable energies to contribute to the efficiency of their electricity grid. Their team speaks 19 languages and consists of highly trained and passionate experts in software development, energy trading, AI, mechanical engineering, and physics.
They are fundamentally rethinking the way energy is traded and need your help.
Role: Data Scientist
Your role will be to develop state-of-the-art algorithms to predict price movements and execute orders on Europe’s biggest power exchanges. Large amounts of multivariate inputs such as raw weather data, solar/wind production forecasts, and grid balance indices will be your bread and butter.
Being part of their Data Science team, you will be based in their headquarters in Berlin.
What you’ll be doing:
- Analyze and model large amounts of fundamental and technical data and derive insights to maximize returns on energy trading
- Continuously apply state-of-the art machine learning techniques and frameworks to large and multivariate data (historic and real-time)
- Develop scalable code/queries and end-to-end pipelines to deploy machine learning models on production
- Work closely with the host company Backend and Product Management teams to ensure system efficiency and business logic at all times
What you can expect from the host company:
- Flexible working hours
- A friendly and inclusive team of experienced software developers and entrepreneurs
- Regular team events and continuous learning sessions
- A deep conviction that we can use software to make a significant contribution to the energy transition
- Bachelor or Master student in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or a related technical field. Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Experience with Python, Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, Keras/Tensorflow, and other data science framework
- Basic knowledge of Python-based visualization libraries (e.g. Dash, Bokeh, or similar)
- Applied experience with developing machine learning applications to solve real-world problems
- Comfortable with mathematical concepts behind machine learning
- Hands-on experience with database queries and handling big amounts of data
- Ability and willingness to work independently
- Reinforcement learning and risk estimation skills are a bonus