Internship Code: MANBS01
This Manchester-based solicitors is one of the leading consumer litigation firms in the UK. We specialise in getting compensation for consumers who have been mistreated by the big banks / lenders.
Junior Data Analyst
Data plays an increasingly important part of our business and as a result of rapid growth, we now have an excellent opportunity for a Junior Data Analyst to join our team based in Manchester City Centre. The firm uses a range of data systems to process cases; such as; 2 different case management systems to manage the pre-litigation and litigation process and a dialler for our customer contact centre.
We are looking for someone to further develop our systems and processes by extracting and analysing our data, both on a day-to-day basis and a project basis. This individual will be very hands-on, a natural problem solver with proficient data analytical skills and overall data accuracy.
Reporting to the Operations director and managing director on a daily basis, attending most operational meetings to ensure that our data remains key to our business decisions.
The desired candidate will be keen to join a fast-paced and friendly team to further progress their career in data analytics.
This role will cover the full spectrum of data management and analysis, from accurate client reporting to collating performance data and using it to help define and optimise operational strategies.
- Create, develop and maintain client reports using languages such as SQL and in Microsoft Excel.
- Develop internal visualisation tools and reports to enable stakeholders to better understand their portfolios.
- Provide insight on client portfolios and identify trends across the business.
- Recommend changes and enhancements to current strategies.
- Suggest areas of focus and lead projects to help improve performance.
- Engage with both internal and external stakeholders to present findings and provide solutions.
- Work with the Systems Development team to review data extraction and transferal.
- Provide analytical support across the business as and when required.
- Ensure accuracy of data and take ownership of initiatives.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have strong analytical skills, evidenced through previous experience
- Have experience using analytical software
- Possess excellent IT skills
- Be proficient in SQL and Microsoft Excel
- Have great interpersonal skills and be able to communicate your ideas
- Be a good problem solver
- Have strong time management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- A bachelor’s degree in a numeric subject (Mathematics, Statistics, etc.) or equivalent
- Experience working with a case management system