Position Code: SGFN15
This company is founded in Mauritius in April 2013 and is an independent management consultancy firm, composed of a multidisciplinary team with representatives based in Africa, Asia-Pacific, and Europe.
The firm delivers specialised strategic advisory services in the field of trade and value chain work, investment, and public policy, underpinned by research using the latest techniques in quantitative analysis and economic modeling, as well as legal, regulatory, and policy assessments.
They work closely with the private sector and key international donors, including the EU, DFID, and UN specialised agencies to deliver economic development and trade-related projects.
Data Analyst Intern
This company is looking for a data analyst intern, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a passion for working with data.
As a Data Analyst Intern, you will work closely with their data analytics team, based in Mauritius, to analyze, interpret, and visualize data, providing valuable insights. The Analytics work of the company also consists of building data warehouses, modelling and simulation tools generating insights.
This includes developing analytic metrics, and visualizations using large structured and unstructured data sets for clients from the private sector or the public sector. The data analyst intern will as well as support the consultancy team in projects requiring data collection, analysis, and mining and participate in research and development activities around new tools and technologies with disruptive potential in the market.
Possible tasks and projects include:
- Assist in collecting, cleaning, and organizing data from various sources such as databases, APIs, spreadsheets, or other external sources
- Implement data analytics solutions for public and private customers in the field of international trade and economics
- Use statistical and analytical techniques to build statistical or ML models, analyze data and identify trends, patterns, and insights
- Maintain our databases with the most recent data so that our dashboards are always up to date
- Create clear and concise data visualizations using tools such as Tableau, Power BI, R, or other data visualization software
- Collaborate with team members to interpret results and identify actionable insight
- Perform research activities on new tools and technologies related to data
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of either Business Analytics, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or Physics
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good written and verbal skills, Analytical Skills
- A proactive, self-motivated approach to learning and a strong desire to contribute to the success of the team
- Attention to detail, and highly organised
- Good scripting and programming skills (Familiarity with R or Python will be an advantage)
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!.