Position Code: MANBS06
This Internship Host Company is a start-up business, helping international students from across the world who require accommodation while studying in the UK. The business works with large private halls, covering nearly every town and city in the UK with over 40,000 rooms on offer. They wish to improve their reach globally using organic traffic and social media and ensuring students have easy access to the best possible accommodation.
The business is run by the Founder who has 10+ years of experience in the property industry, having worked with large investment funds, property developers and now student accommodation providers. He also works as part of Dream Digital, an outsourcing SEO agency, giving him knowledge and experience in the SEO and digital marketing industry, which is incorporated into the Meraki Student business model.
The business is looking for a Content Writer – Intern to join them for 3-6 months.
The business wishes to improve its reach to students through its online content. You will be given the opportunity to develop your understanding of the process of researching, writing, and optimising content for websites and various social media platforms. The role has the potential to be quite varied depending on the arising business needs and your interests.
You will receive support with LinkedIn profile optimisation and free training to develop your skills and grow your network.
Possible tasks and projects include:
- Research keywords and content caps in the student topics that would be useful to readers.
- Research fresh content, trends, and upcoming events to write about.
- Write SEO optimised content & public content on their website aimed at a student audience.
- Help with optimising current website content.
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- You are self-motivated, show initiative and are able to work independently.
- You can take responsibility to research content, take inspiration from good examples and show care for assuring factual accuracy.
- Good writing skills and the ability to proofread content.
- You are a good communicator and have a style of writing that educates and entertains readers.
- You show close attention to detail.
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!