Position Code: SGNGO16
This NGO’s mission is to support the sustainable development of Vietnamese communities and the enrichment of their cultural heritage.
This NGO has 20+ years of experience in empowering women and youth. They empower women and youth through improving life skills, raising self-awareness, bringing new knowledge and opening opportunities and support networks. Their Education portfolio empowers disadvantaged youth to access education and increase economic opportunities. TheirModern Slavery Prevention portfolio invests comprehensively in at-risk youths to prevent trafficking and in survivors to help them build new lives.
Role: Communications Intern
The Communications Intern will report directly to the Communications Director for day-to-day management support and decision making. This position can either be in-person or virtually. The working hours will accommodate an international team based in Vietnam and California, USA. This position requires a commitment of at least 2-3 months.
Average weekly hours: 40 hours, with some evening and weekend hours.
- Develop and prepare marketing materials, including short videos
- Edit videos for promotional pieces
- Assist in writing content for social media/website, periodic and final program/project reports, annual reports, and other documents
- Conduct research on stakeholders and information/data related to project goals
- Tasks may include website and social media account management, content creation, graphic design, fundraising campaign, and desk research
- Other tasks as assigned
- Experience in video production is desirable
- Technology-oriented: excellent computer skills including MSOffice; proficiency in video-editing
software and video production
- Strong coordination and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexible, goal-oriented, demonstrated aptitude for change and learning
- Fluency in Vietnamese is desirable
- Ability to multi-task, stay focused, and handle pressure
- Ability to prosper in a team environment
- Ethical and accountable; the ability to maintain confidentiality is a MUST
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or currently enrolled in a university
- Women are encouraged to apply