Position Code: LISBS61
This NGO aims to empower young people to take an active role in the energy transition by building young people’s capacity in developing small-scale RE energy projects. The positive environment created in the training events and the sense of achievement of actually building RE installations is a unique feature of this organisation, with benefits that extend beyond climate action. By empowering and fostering an entrepreneurial mindset, they are also building skills for young people to take an active role in society.
This host company intends to achieve this by focusing their work on three key focus areas: education, building the community and supporting the development of projects.
It’s not news that the transition to clean and sustainable energy needs to happen fast and at all scales. Yet, this transition has been slow and often dominated by large corporations. So, while the fuel is different, the energy system is still basically the same – highly centralized and benefiting the same players, with very few local benefits.
The Communications Intern will report directly to the Management team for day-to-day management support and decision making.
This host company wants a world in which all humans have access to reliable energy and can start locally-appropriate, self-sustaining, and environmentally and socially-responsible projects.
Their mission is to foster youthful, active, and collaborative citizens who take a holistic approach towards energy and contribute to sustainable transitions in their communities.
Through their actions, they want to build capacity and empower young people to implement distributed renewable energy projects and actively participate in the energy transition.
The company have been running Energy Academies and other workshops since 2015 and are now in a phase of internal restructuring, which includes a full rebranding and a new website to be launched soon. So these are exciting times from a communications perspective, with the intern having the opportunity to participate in this new phase and help shape how they communicate to the world.
Possible tasks and projects include:
- Develop and prepare marketing materials, including short videos
- Write content for social media/website, periodic and final program/project reports, annual reports, and other documents
- Creation of social media posts for current and upcoming events as well as informational posts that present information in an engaging and interactive way that resonates with our target (young people from 18-35+)
- Conduct research on stakeholders and information/data related to project goals
- Tasks may include website and social media account management, content creation, graphic design, fundraising campaign, and desk research
- Other tasks as assigned
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- Alignment with the host company’s vision and mission
- Knowledge of sustainability and renewable energy is desirable
- Experience with wordpress is desirable but not required
- Technology-oriented: excellent computer skills including MS office, Google Suite tools, Canva
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Understanding of different social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube) and ability to tailor content appropriately
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability work autonomously under minimal supervision
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!