Internship Reference: DLED01
This western designed education company is a part of IKEA’s ICare programme in China which helps the children of company’s suppliers’ migrant co-workers to integrate into society. Additionally, the company is official global volunteer programme partner providing Apple Inc. employees with high quality classroom volunteer opportunities with English listening, speaking, and pronunciation assistance in Dalian Chinese primary classrooms. The company believes that children learn best in an engaging environment where they “own” their educational outcomes. Students are guided to produce their own “knowledge” books based on weekly English lessons. The goal of this programme is to enhance Chinese students’ English speaking skills.
English speaking interns needed to assist Chinese primary classroom teachers with both classroom teaching and curriculum development.
- Fluent in English with excellent English pronunciation skills
- Interest in primary classroom education
- Need not have classroom teaching experience but must enjoy working with children and possess a passion for giving back to the local community
- Good with primary-age children of various social economic backgrounds
- Training is provided
- Meals during working hours are provided
- Opportunity for some local cultural experiences