Internship Reference: QDLG29
The company is a forwarding logistics company, with headquarters in Ningbo. Their main business is handling the export containers from Qingdao to all over the world. The company handles transport such as Air Freight, Air- Sea – Air freight, Warehouse Storage and Customer Clearance. At the moment, the company’s main focus is on the US, Korean and Spanish markets but for future business development they are looking to focus on UK, Germany and Netherlands. The majority of their business is conducted on a B2B basis, however there are some B2C sales.
The company has branches across China, including Qingdao, Tianjin and Shanghai, along with many more in the Zhejiang province and Yangtze region.
Number of Staff: 40
Sales & Logistics Internship
The internship will be in the Overseas Customer Service Department.
Tasks will include:
- Learning about the logistics chain of management
- Trying to develop the B2C side of the business
- Exploring new co-operation opportunities with potential clients, by email or phone
- Establishing contracts with new overseas clients and trying to build up long-term partnerships
- Negotiating with current overseas clients
- Be able to work independently when given a task or goal
- Be able to think proactively and do more than what is given or required
- A foreign language would be preferred
- Sales/Marketing oriented with a mindset of identifying opportunities
- Good computing skills
- Familiar with all popular social networking platforms
- Be a good communicator not only to those fluent in English, but also to those with English as a second language