Position Code: BERBS31
This Internship Host Company is a digital passport designed to optimise the experience of rental applications and tenant selection for both property managers and tenants.
Using next-generation digital identity technology, the organisation supports the ability to establish identity, financial and credit checks via verifiable digital credentials — to enable the identification of compatible tenants without needing to handle paperwork.
Business Development Internship
This Internship Host Company is seeking a talented individual eager to get hands-on experience working as a core team member in an early-stage startup. This is an amazing opportunity to work closely together with the founders and be involved in all aspects of starting a tech startup – marketing, strategy, research and more. They are developing the world’s first SSI-based digital rental passport and they are eager to bring renting to the 21st century. They are gearing up to launch the service later this year, starting in Germany, and are also exploring opportunities in other geographies such as North America.
Are you passionate about digital identity, real estate/the housing market and startups/innovation? Do you want to try out working in different areas and are eager to help them launch their product later this year? Then you might be just the right fit to start working as their entrepreneur in residence intern!
As a small team, they welcome you bringing new and innovative ideas to the table. Your thoughts and opinions will be appreciated and if they like the idea the chances are high that it will be implemented.
Your tasks are as diverse and multifaceted as your skillset. Don’t worry – you don’t need to be an expert in all of the fields described below – just be open to trying out many new things.
- Work directly with the host company co-founder, who leads the company’s Business Development and Fundraising.
- Collaborate closely with the user research team.
- Scouting, vetting, supporting with initial outreach to potential business clients and supporting with relationship management.
- Monitor and keep the team informed of news around developments in the proptech, housing and self-sovereign identity sectors and activities of their competitors and potential partners.
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- Fluency in English (required) and German (desirable), both written and verbal.
- You are open to trying out different tasks and can adapt to new assignments quickly.
- You express ideas simply and concisely and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are good at prioritising, managing your time and proactively looking for new opportunities/projects to work on.
- You enjoy working on a diverse range of tasks, e.g. from spending time researching and updating spreadsheets while other times using your creative mind to brainstorm and create content for social media.
- You enjoy the idea of talking to potential clients or partners about digitalisation and innovation opportunities (in person, via phone or via email).
- Experience working with early-stage tech start-ups, particularly in the real estate or proptech space is a PLUS.
- Confident in the use of common office programs, Google Doc.
- Familiar with using social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!