Position Code: BERIT02
This internship host company is a Berlin-based sustainable energy startup.
They are developing AI-driven algo-trading technology in the age of renewable energies to contribute to the efficiency of their electricity grid. Their team speaks 19 languages and consists of highly trained and passionate experts in software development, energy trading, AI, mechanical engineering, and physics.
They are fundamentally rethinking the way energy is traded and need your help.
Role: Backend Energy Trading
Your role will be to work closely with their Data Science team to develop modular applications to enhance the host companies core algo trader. Large amounts of multivariate inputs such as raw weather data, solar/wind production
forecasts, and grid balance indices will be your bread and butter. Being part of their Backend team, you will be based in Berlin.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help deploy applications developed by their data science team in their AWS cloud
- Review existing code and give feedback
- Write Dockerfiles, select and configure suitable AWS services and adapt code as necessary
- Monitor deployed applications
- Interface with applications running on external servers
- Work with both Go and Python code bases
- Develop test suites (standard library testing for Go, pytest for Python) for their applications
- Write REST API client applications
What you can expect from the host company:
- Flexible working hours
- A friendly and inclusive team of experienced software developers and entrepreneurs
- Regular team events and continuous learning sessions
- A deep conviction that as a team you can use software to make a significant contribution to the energy transition
- Ongoing study in Computer Science or a related technical field. Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred
- Experience working with a large cloud provider (AWS preferred)
- Experience with a version control system (preferably git)
- Proficiency with REST API client applications is a plus (preferably in Go/Python)