Position Code: TYIT03
This is a value-driven team on a mission to build a dynamic business ecosystem and inspire humanity to achieve more.
Back-End Software Engineer Intern
This Back-End Software Engineering Internship will allow you to apply knowledge gained from your Computer Science courses to solve real-world problems, develop scalable software solutions from conception to deployment, and collaborate on several small projects. As a result, you will be able to sharpen your skills and acquire valuable hands-on experience in your degree.
As a Back-End Software Engineering Intern, you will contribute to developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining high-quality and intuitive web applications. You will implement complex software in conformity with project requirements and the company’s commitment to privacy and security. Therefore, you will work in concert with Product Managers, UI/UX Designers, and Front-End Software Engineers in a fast-paced startup environment with minimal documentation. To be successful in this role, you should have the ability to develop elegant and scalable solutions and be familiar with modern server-side web application frameworks like Symfony and Ruby on Rails.
If you are enthusiastic about the beautiful and scalable website, you are in the right place.
Possible tasks and projects include:
- Apply knowledge acquired from Computer Science courses and experience to solve real-world problems.
- Experiment, design, build and maintain RESTful APIs, data storage solutions, and other engineering projects.
- Create, fix, extend and scale the code to keep it active and secure.
- Write technical documentation.
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, or other related technical fields.
- Familiarity with databases (MySQL, MongoDB) and web servers (Apache, Nginx).
- Knowledge of modern server-side web application frameworks (Symfony, Ruby on Rails, etc.) and code versioning tools (Git, SVN).
- Capability to manage time, meet deadlines, and work on several projects simultaneously with minimal direction.
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!