Internship Code: SZBS04
This Museum is the first public museum in China that focuses on jewelry. It was founded by the People’s Government of Luohu District, Shenzhen.
The permanent exhibition has five exhibition areas: the Treasures of Nature, the Legend of Jewel, the Light of Design, the Road of Shenzhen, and the dream of GBA.
In terms of function, the museum is positioned as “one museum, one database and three centres”. “One museum” is an international and digital contemporary jewelry museum; “one database” is a large database of the jewelry industry; “three centres” are an International Launch Center, Jewelry Boutique Exhibition Center of GBA, and High-end Jewelry Customization Experience Center.
Based on the functional positioning, this Museum highlights the concept of “integration of museums and industries” by taking advantage of the resources of the jewelry industry and supporting and serving the development of the industry.
3D Printing Research and Analysis
The host organisation are looking for an intern who can;
- Complete research into 3D printing techniques and the impact these have had on the jewelry industry in different countries
- Further research into ‘carved gold technique’, and associated artists and works
- Compile a database and analyse findings
- Findings to be presented in a format decided on between the host company and candidate
The internship position is not limited to the outline above, and all candidates are encouraged during an interview to discuss responsibilities.
- Degree in Art, Jewlery Design, Industrial Design or Museum Study
- Strong researcher and ability to analyse and interpret findings
- Proactive and independent worker
- Passionate about the sector