Two week School of Law study tour in Taipei, Taiwan.
The goal of this Pagoda program is to foster a deep understanding of Taiwanese legal, economic and social transformation.
Students will take part in a two week program that will explore the Taiwanese legal system and Taiwanese culture. Hosted by Pagoda Projects, Soochow University and Chinese Culture University, students will be exposed to the professional and cultural landscape of Taipei.
The programme is designed in collaboration with and hosted by the WSU Law School. Applicants must first apply via the application accessible here.
During the two week program, classes will be led by Taiwanese academics, with opportunities to gain expert understanding of the Taiwanese legal system. The programme will be complemented by first-hand exposure to Taipei via government and financial sector engagements, tailored language training and visits to sites of cultural and historical significance. Students will become experienced global citizens invigorated by opportunities to broaden your international professional and social networks.
Scheduled Activities include*:
- Chinese language classes
- Bespoke law sessions with Soochow University and Chinese Culture University
- Presentations from prestigious Taipei law firms Lee and Li & Washington Group & Associates
- Networking with Australia New Zealand Chamber of Commerce
- Walking City Tour & Shilin Nightmarket Visit
- ANZ Chamber Presentation
- Presentation from the Talent Circulation Alliance
- Visit to Presidential Hall
- Dadaocheng Walking tour and dinner at Ningxia Nightmarket
- Taipei Nightlife Experience
- Visit The National Human Rights Museum
- Tour of the Legislative Yuan
- Relax at Beitou Hotsprings
- Taiwan NextGen Foundation: A Background into Taiwan’s recent Foreign Policy and Diplomacy
- Karaoke TV night!
- Tour of National Palace Museum
*Activities subject to change
What’s Included in the program funding?
- Hotel Accommodation (based on twin sharing)
- All meals or stipend for none-hosted meals
- Transfer to and from the airport in Taipei
- Medical and travel insurance (provided by WSU)
- Support before, during and after the trip
- Visa invitation letter, support and costs for application and required supporting items will be reimbursed *
- Orientation presentation
- 24/7 emergency contact person
- All entrance fees and transport costs
- Access to our exclusive alumni network
* Does not include non-direct costs associated with acquiring visa such as transport. Participants will not be refunded for unsuccessful visa applications or where participants do not ultimately take part in this program
- Students must fill NCP Eligibility Criteria to receive funding
- Students must be approved by WSU School of Law
Program dates – 3rd December 2022 to 17th December 2022 (2 weeks)
Please note that this does not include quarantine. We will provide information on any additional required quarantine before flights are arranged, in which case it may be necessary for participants to arrive at least three days earlier, and quarantine at additional expense as required by the Republic of China border controls and immigration policy.
We will confirm your eligibility with your university, inform you of what funding you are entitled to and costs if committing to the program.
When you’re happy to commit, complete our booking form to confirm your place on the programme and work with our team to prepare everything you need!
Please watch this video to find out more about this wonderful destination
International / Diverse / Exciting