Our mission remains focused on increasing cultural understanding, developing employability skills and helping our participants to gain valuable and global work experience remotely
Benefits of a Remote Internship
DEVELOP YOUR SECTOR, TIME & PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
GAIN INTERNATIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR HOME
LEARN CROSS CULTURAL COMMUNICATION
- Browse our remote internship listings and select which positions to apply for
- Chat with our experienced placement team, undertake interviews and secure your position
- On-board on to our unique remote internship with the guidance and assistance of our team
- 10 hours of virtual language classes delivered from our partner in-country language school
- Get matched with your own Cultural Mentor to discuss weekly topics and learn about the culture of your host location
- Attend weekly events covering a vast range of themes and topics
- Use our bespoke app to manage all aspects of your internship with us
- Take part in Pagoda Courses relating to employability
- Enjoy all the benefits of being a Pagoda Alumni member with dedicated Linkedin / Facebook groups & know about Pagoda Job opportunities first!
- Our remote internship program fee is $2,200 AUD for an internship of 4 weeks
- NCP funding available for eligible candidates
- An additional $300 AUD deposit will also be requested once you’ve finalised your place on the program and completed our booking form. This amount is fully refundable once you’ve completed your internship to minimum standards and completed your offboarding tasks
- There’s no up front payment to make, or application fee to start the process
- The fee and deposit is only due once you’ve secured an internship you’re happy with, had the role signed off to be accredited towards your degree (if applying for funding) and you want to confirm your place on the program
The Program will begin Monday 30th November 2020 and finish on Sunday 27th December 2020 (4 weeks). Participants are expected to commit themselves fully during this time, internships are typically Monday-Friday and public holidays will differ in the host location. Exact number of working hours each week will differ slightly between the different host companies, this along with holiday dates should be discussed directly with your host company. Application deadline is 2nd November 2020.
Due to an extensive language classes and event calendar being organised and along with the cultural mentor aspect of the program, the program dates are fixed. Get in touch if you have any questions relating to the dates of the program.
HOW IT WORKS
Look through our range of internships from around the world – you’ll find supervisors and companies which are truly innovative, able to provide remote support and guidance and want to ensure you have a great internship.
Go through our placement process with an experienced member of the team. You’ll be communicating directly with our host companies from around the world and undertake online interviews to secure your position as a remote intern.
You’ve confirmed your internship – congratulations! Start your on-boarding, training and gain access to your own personalised management account for your remote internship. Pagoda Projects will also grant you access to a range of online resources, be holding exclusive online events and ensuring our award-winning support is with you from day one of your remote internship.
DURING THE PROGRAM WE WILL BE HOSTING LOTS OF EVENTS TO IMPROVE YOUR SKILLS & GAIN EXPERIENCE
A UNIQUE WAY TO SHARE CULTURES
As part of the Remote Internship Program interns will be partnered with a ‘Cultural Mentor’, who will help you to increase your intercultural awareness. This cultural exposure will not only assist you during your internship and collaborating with colleagues and external partners, but will also help you understand non-internship related cultural considerations and open your mind to new ways of thinking
– You’ll be paired with a Cultural Mentor based and schedule one audio or video call each week.
– You’ll be provided with a weekly theme (e.g. festivals/traditions, food music/arts etc.) to discuss and share knowledge and experiences in relation to your respective country’s culture
– Write up your learnings as part of your Cultural Journal as part of your weekly internship check-in, sharing what your have learnt with inclusions of any videos or pictures
– Interact with your Cultural Mentor and the wider Intern Community in online events and discussions
DON’T FORGET TO APPLY BEFORE THE DEADLINE – 2ND NOVEMBER 2020