Pagoda Projects are delighted to offer of our 2-month Cultural Mentor Programme for students from the University of Dundee!
In the post-pandemic world, our mission remains focussed on increasing cultural understanding, developing key skills and helping our participants to gain valuable experiences in new and innovative ways.
We’ve designed this exciting new programme for summer 2021 for the students who are looking to enhance their future prospects through a fun and interactive summer course, with minimal commitment of time and that’s flexible to work around your busy lives!
GAIN AN INSIGHT TO A NEW AND EXCITING CULTURE
GAIN AN INTERNATIONAL PERSPECTIVE WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR HOME
LEARN NEW AND RELEVANT SKILLS TO IMPROVE YOUR CULTURAL FLUENCY
- A full induction to the Pagoda Projects APP from a member of the UK team.
- Paired with a cultural mentor from one of our amazing overseas destinations and provided the platform to discuss interesting topics selected by Pagoda.
- Opportunity to network with current participants completing a similar variation of our programme from around the world.
- Fully support from the UK and international Pagoda team throughout the duration of the programme.
- Access to the Pagoda Projects alumni network, with over 3,000 past participants of our programmes and where exclusive international job opportunities are posted regularly
- Limited number of places available, so apply now!
22th February – 16th April
The programme has set programme dates, but completely flexible to fit around your schedule and the availability of your cultural mentor.
DEADLINE TO APPLY – 10th February 2021
HOW IT WORKS
Submit a quick application below and one of the friendly Pagoda UK team will respond within 1 business day to confirm your application has been received.
You will be issued a booking form that summarises the programme t&c’s, which is something you’ll need to look over carefully and sign to finalise your place on the programme.
When you’ve confirmed your place on the programme, our team will be in touch with the initial steps of the onboarding process and begin the process of matching you with a cultural mentor. More details regarding the first few days of the programme would follow closer to the start date of your chosen programme.
You’ve had a great experience, learned a huge amount from your mentor and now gained access to the Pagoda Alumni network, where you can connect with thousands of other students, graduates and employers. Pagoda will send across a feedback form to summarise your experience!
A UNIQUE WAY TO SHARE CULTURES
As part of the Summer Skills Programme, the participants will be partnered with a ‘Cultural Mentor’, who will help them to increase their intercultural awareness. This cultural exposure will also bridge barriers and connect students and graduates from all corners of the globe.
– Be paired with a Cultural Mentor based on common interests/areas of study to schedule one audio or video call each week.
– Provided with a theme (e.g. festivals/traditions, food music/arts etc.) to discuss and share knowledge and experiences in relation to home country culture
– Produce a weekly Cultural Blog sharing what they have learnt with inclusions of videos, pictures etc.
– Interact with the Cultural Mentor and Intern Community in online events and discussions
DON’T FORGET TO APPLY BEFORE THE DEADLINE – 10th February 2021