Position Code: HKFIN03
This is a fast growing Fintech company helping modern asset-light SMEs, that traditional banks aren’t capable of serving, manage their cash-flow better, enabling them to pay their staff on time, every time and expand their business faster. They operate in Hong Kong + Singapore and are looking to expand regionally this year.
Role: Operations & Finance Internship Internship
Internship Description: Your role would entail working with the finance team to manage customer funding applications and internal loan operations. This would mean handling all parts of the funding journey through their admin dashboard, customer onboarding, due diligence, credit scoring, and loan management. You would be expected to work with customers directly, so both your written and spoken communication must be excellent.
Possible tasks and projects include:
- Oversight of lending book including credit limits
- Streamlining internal operations and finding creative solutions to increase their operational efficiency
- Manage daily accounting duties including A/P, A/R, general ledger, accounts reconciliations both internally and externally
- Geographic expansion planning
- If you’re up for it, there are opportunities to work in and learn about all other functions of the business including product, technology, design, and marketing to name a few
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- They are a fast-growing startup and new things are happening almost every week!
- You will work closely with and receive direct mentorship from the founders who have many years of experience across finance, technology, and startups
- You’ll have a lot of autonomy to try out your own ideas
- Research minded– you understand how to conduct hypothesis-based research
- Self-directed– you are able to generate research topics and execute them
- A lifelong learner– you’re happiest when you feel personal growth
- Studying a STEM or Finance degree (bachelors)