Position Code: SGMA58
This host company advances lasting solutions to the most pressing educational, health, and workforce challenges across the globe. Their work is guided by evidence, empathy, and experience.
They and a University in America are implementing USAID’s YSEALI – Mekong Program – A $5.5 million project to empower youth leadership in solving climate change, biodiversity, and environmental issues in the Lower Mekong countries (Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, and Myanmar), the ASEAN region, and Timor-Leste.
Marketing Strategist Intern
As a Marketing Strategist Intern, you will play a critical role in supporting the Host Company to engage with youth leaders and develop creative strategies that align with YSEALI – Mekong’s goals and objectives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the communication coordinator and relevant team members to create a marketing strategy for various target youth leaders (based on age, interest, and work experience) using feedback from the youth surveys previously conducted by YSEALI-Mekong Team
- Developing creative and engaging content for targeted youth leaders through various communication platforms including social media, website, e-newsletter, press releases, promotional items, and print media
- Analyzing data and providing recommendations to the communications team
- Creating program positioning and narratives while targeting appropriate audiences
- Ensuring marketing strategies align with overall program goals and objectives
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or relevant fields
- Proven experience as a marketing strategist or in a similar role
- Strong critical thinking and data analysis skills
- Self-starter with a proactive approach and ability to take ownership of projects
- Familiarity with development issues; environmental issues will be a plus
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written, and digital literacy
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!