Position Code: SILAW03
This Internship Host Company is a family-owned and family-managed Singapore law firm.
They began as a general practice law firm but with greater emphasis on conveyancing and property law as well as banking, finance and securities documentation. Their clients ranged from individuals, families, and small-medium enterprises to the major banking institutions in Singapore.
As relationships developed and their clients’ legal needs expanded over time beyond conveyancing and financing, the firm’s areas of practice grew as well. In particular, they have acted in matrimonial disputes; assisted clients in applying to the court to handle the estate of their deceased relatives; and written wills for our clients or those of their family and friends.
Their journey over the last twenty-five years has taken them from their original location in DBS Building Tower II and UIC Building, both in Shenton way to their current premises in Outram Park, a shophouse at 21 Cantonment Road Singapore 089742.
They are connected with international/regional legal associations having expertise in the fields of law practised by the firm.
Possible tasks and projects include:
- To assist in the area of legal research.
- To assist where possible in the preparation of legal documents/correspondence.
- Applicants with a Design background may have the opportunity to assist in the redesign of the law firm premises.
- Additional tasks will be delegated throughout the internship and can be discussed at interview.
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- An interest in the Legal industry.
- Punctual, committed, and able to produce work to a high standard.
- Candidates should be able to express what they would like to achieve and gain from the internship.
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!