Internship Reference: MXLA05
Established in 2001, our law firm has consolidated its position in the Mexican legal market by satisfying the growing need for specialised legal advice. The versatility of our members allows us to offer personalized services in various practice areas. Professionalism, client-focused service and a results-driven culture distinguish our firm from other leading law firms in Mexico.
We are made up of a group of highly specialised professionals who always aim to advise our clients with honesty and sincerity. We have offices in Mexico and Spain and offer legal assistance in the following areas: Corporate, Compliance, Sports and Entertainment, Energy and Infrastructure, Financial and Banking, Real Estate, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Intellectual and Industrial Property, Protection of Personal Data and Privacy, Insurance and Reinsurance, Telecommunications, Media and Technology and Legal Translation.
We are committed to the mutual development of our community, family, collaborators, clients and especially to our own personal development, as we believe that fulfilment is the basis for growth and well-being for all.
Environmental Law Internship with Mexican Law Firm
You will support the team with research on specific Energy and Infrastructure related cases, according to the needs and requirements of the firm’s Mexican and international clients.
You will work closely with the Energy & Infrastructure team on research cases principally to help clients in the following areas:
- Hydrocarbon exploration and production
- Electric energy generation, transmission and distribution
- Natural gas storage, transportation and distribution
- Regulatory compliance, fraud prevention and anti-corruption
Your role may include, but will not be limited to:
- Supporting the Energy and Infrastructure team (and other teams as necessary) in day-to-day tasks.
- Energy and Infrastructure publications: generating internal reports on the content of recent Energy and Infrastructure industry publications to keep the team constantly updated.
- Status Tracking: maintaining constant communication with customers regarding their service stations to facilitate the transformation process.
- Written submissions to authorities: preparing and presenting reports for the relevant authorities on Energy and Infrastructure, as well as notifying the authorities and following-up on status reports. Where necessary, coordinating with the notary’s offices regarding documentation related to the proceedings with the authorities.
- Law student with interest in environmental law and civil rights OR other studies related to energy & environment
- No previous experience needed
- Minimum 1 month availability (4 weeks)
- Intermediate level on the following skills/competencies
- Able to work with a multidisciplinary approach
- Analytical skills and good judgement
- General law knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of Spanish is a plus but not necessary