Internship Code: BFSBS01
This Norther Irish company creates better educational media for students, educators and families. Bite-sized, impactful animated and live-action videos, developed in collaboration with brands like Crayola, Adobe, Microsoft, OUP and the non-profits like Participate and iCivics. Most of our content is focused around 21st-century skills for tomorrow’s global citizens.
In addition to producing these videos, we also license and distribute them with smaller publishers, education businesses and library providers and e-book aggregators globally.
A major focus will be licensing and distributing our Untold History collection on US History and Civics. The commercial team is a small team.
Business Development Assistant for Licensing & Distribution
The role is to assist in business development, working with the Director of Strategic Partnerships.
The main activities will be as follows;
- Creating a target list for education companies to approach
- Onboarding new and existing customers onto our new content platform
- Outbound sales activities
- Gathering feedback from our existing distributors on our content
- Potential analysis of a new market to enter
The intern is expected to be able to work unsupervised, but there will be regular commercial meetings and also twice weekly meetings with the Director of Strategic Partnerships. Additional meetings with other team members could be scheduled.
The intern will be expected to be familiar with the Google Suite. Training on our bespoke content platform will be provided.
1: Becoming familiar with our video content, Education/ EdTech Industry, Business Model and existing licensing and distribution partners
2: Researching new Education companies and gathering feedback on our content from existing partners
3: Lead generation/ Business Development (creation of a new business pipeline) and onboarding onto our content platform.
- This role includes business development and research, so it requires someone with commercial acumen.
- Interest in education/ EdTech as a sector required.
- Affinity with video or media production is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and be part of a team.
- Language skills are a plus.
- The intern will be on a commission scheme and will also receive a stipend.
- We can be flexible on working hours, but there needs to be some overlap with GMT working hours.