Internship Code: SEBS01
This company is building a remote travel platform to solve a very basic problem of people not being able to fly around the world anymore. The company does this by building a network of remote guides around the world that people can request a direct and personal live video call from to help them see locations, attend events and interact with people. The remote traveler instructs the guide where to go, what to do, and who to interact with – all while they can stay at home or office. Their platform runs on web, iOS, and Android.
The company started with serving business travelers in the UK and North America in the MICE industry, more specifically around exhibition and trade show visits in Seoul and Taipei. The company believes this is a new business model with the potential to become a globally relevant company like Airbnb and Uber.
This Startup has been part of the Plug and Play Travel & Hospitality accelerator, the Korea Startup Grand Challenge Accelerator, and has been invested by notable strategic partners in the travel industry in Japan and Korea. The company has a small team of less than 10, so you will be involved from the early stages of a global startup.
Business Development and Marketing Internship
The company is looking for interns in the UK and North America to help with business development and marketing to individual professionals, corporates, and partners. That means:
- Sales and prospecting of potential customers and partners
- Creating marketing plans and do consumer research
- Online marketing through industry channels, Linkedin, Facebook
- Business development through online/offline networking events (only if those are available and safe)
- Supporting customers in their markets
You’ll work directly with the startup CEO.
- Major in business, marketing, sales, or project management related fields
- Some basic knowledge in digital tools such as Facebook Ads, Photoshop, etc.
- Fluent in English
- Full time (30+ hours a week)
- Duration depends on the availability of interns, but they are open for anything between 12 and 20 weeks
- Because the company is at a very early stage, they look for interns with some hustle and grit. In return, you get to learn all facets of the business and you get to come up with your own strategies and ideas and the team will help you execute them