Internship Code: TOIT01
This Canadian company is a software studio specializing in the development of video games. They are an exciting start-up with 7 employees working in Toronto, Canada. Their two-game projects are in full production and set for release in Spring 2022. Their games are fun to play and are supported by meaningful stories. They lift ideas from the page and put them in your hands.
They are an ambitious group who collaborate freely, pitch in where needed, and always have a lens on learning. The video game industry is exciting to be in, but no prior experience with games is necessary.
Back-End Web Developer Internship
This company is looking for a Back-End Web Developer who will work with game developers to create a platform to collect player data during game testing. This includes:
- Video recording and audio transcription, form submissions, scoring assessments, and database management
- The candidate will use their understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze industry standards and trends in player testing
- They have weekly meetings for progress updates and stay in touch during the day using Discord
- The team members create their own path but are ultimately accountable to each other
- Majoring in Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering
- Understanding of the web development cycle and Agile Methodologies
- An eye towards UI and process efficiencies
- Excellent communication and project management skills