Pagoda Projects have secured a game-changing grant from Innovate UK, the UK’s innovation agency, to develop a remote 2-month internship programme as well as an innovative online platform.
We are offering top overseas internship opportunities to 50 recent UK graduates or students on a placement year with no cost to the participants. The remote internships will take place with partner companies located in Greater China, Southeast Asia and Latin America.
Thanks to this initiative and funding, 50 students and graduates will now have the opportunity to boost their job prospects as part of an innovative remote internship. In one of the most challenging graduate job markets of all time, Pagoda are helping graduates enhance their employability and gain a direct route into graduate jobs.
DEVELOP YOUR SECTOR, TIME & PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
GAIN INTERNATIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR HOME
LEARN CROSS CULTURAL COMMUNICATION
- The funding covers Pagoda Projects’ full fee for an 8-week remote internship programme.
- If successful in your funding application, choose from over 100 remote internships from 4 different countries!
- Dedicated innovative APP to help communicate with your assigned member of staff from Pagoda, your cultural mentor, and received alerts for over 25 events all linked to improving your employability that you’ll be invited to attend.
- Dedicated check-in service and staff on-hand at the touch of a button to assist you throughout the internship.
- Enjoy all the benefits of being a Pagoda Alumni member with dedicated Linkedin / Facebook groups & know about Pagoda Job opportunities first!
Monday 21st September – 13th November 2020
All the remote internships we’re offering for the programme are full-time positions, Monday-Friday each week for the duration of the programme. Exact number of working hours each week will differ slightly between the different host companies you can choose from.
Due to an extensive event calendar being organised and with the cultural mentor aspect of the programme, the dates are fixed as to when you can start your internship. Get in touch if you have any questions relating to the dates of the programme.
DEADLINE TO APPLY – 12PM on 3rd AUGUST 2020
As part of this funded initiative, we are only able to process applications from those who are free to commit to the programme but also meet the below strict eligibility criteria.
- Be available to commit to a full-time internship (minimum 35 hours per week) fixed programme dates of 21/09/20 – 13/11/2020.
- Currently enrolled students with an upcoming placement year in academic year 2020/21 or have graduated from a UK university from 2019 onwards.
- Have received either any amount of grant, a certain level of maintenance loan from student finance, or any amount of bursary from SAAS if you are based in Scotland. More details on the amount of loan you need to receive can be found here.
- Be a UK passport holder only.
- Be at least 18 years old.
If you are not sure if you meet the eligibility criteria, please get in touch and we will be more than happy to provide any further information that’s needed.
Application & Funding
Applications are now open for UK students and graduates with a deadline to apply of 3rd August 2020.
You can apply for the opportunity here.
To be eligible for the programme, each applicant will be required to provide documentation that confirms the following:
- Currently enrolled or graduated from a UK university from 2019 onwards.
- Have received either a grant, a certain level of loan from student finance or a bursary from SAAS if you are based in Scotland.
- Be a UK passport holder.
- Be at least 18 years old.
With the student finance aspect of the eligibility, it differs depending on where the applicant studied and home address at the time of applying for student finance.Please review the section that applies to you.
SECTION 1: IF COURSE STARTED BEFORE 2016
- In receipt of or have received a Maintenance Grant/SAAS Bursary from Student Finance England/Northern Ireland/Wales or SAAS.
SECTION 2: IF COURSE STARTED FROM SEPTEMBER 2016 OR AFTER
- If you’re living with parents you must receive a maintenance loan of £ 4,576 or above.
- If you’re not living with parents and studying outside London, you must be in receipt of a maintenance loan of £ 5,845 or above.
- If you’re not living with parents and studying in London you must be in receipt of a maintenance loan of £ 8,304 or above.
Don’t worry, you’ll have around 7-10 days after you submit your application to submit all the documents to confirm you’re eligible for the funding and for us to progress with your application.
- Submit your application through the website here.
- Provide all your eligibility documents to confirm you’re able to be considered for the funding.
- Once you’ve confirmed you’re eligible for the programme, you’ll be invited to complete a 30-minute telephone interview with one of the Pagoda Projects team.
- Once you’ve completed your interview, we will assess your full application including motivational statements and the answers you gave during your call to decide if you will be awarded the funding to take part in the programme.
- If successful, Pagoda Projects will then look to finalise your programme details as soon as possible. You should hear back from us in regards to the outcome of your application around the 3rd August.
- We’ll ask you to pick your preferred internship, send you a booking form to confirm the terms & conditions of the programme and ask you to send a £200 programme fully refundable deposit to the Pagoda Projects bank account.
- Once you’ve signed the booking form and Pagoda Projects have confirmed the deposit has reached the bank account, the process of finalising the internship can begin.
- You will be introduced to the member of staff in the destination you’ve opted for, who will work with you to arrange the internship with one of our host companies and have a great role finalised well before the programme is due to start.
- As part of the application for an internship process, we’ll ask you to select the positions you want to apply for and introduce you for video interviews with any of these organisations who are happy to consider your application. The final decision on what internship you’re accepted for is always left to our host company partners, meaning we can never guarantee which internship you will complete.
In the first two weeks of August 2020.
The programme has fixed start dates as follow:
Monday 21St September – Friday 13th November – a total of 8 weeks.
If successful with your application, you’ll be able to select from over 100+ internship positions from which are based in the following overseas destinations:
- Chengdu, China
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Mexico City, Mexico
We will ask you to let us know your location you will be based in throughout the programme so we can inform our host companies about any time difference. We will make sure to help you find an internship with a host company where the time difference will allow you a few hours each day to be able to get in contact with your supervisors and colleagues.
Due to the short-term nature of the internships and that the programme fee will be funded on behalf of all successful participants, all the internships are unpaid.
You will be expected to work from Monday – Friday each week, with no weekend hours required and to commit to a minimum of 35 hours per week. The exact working hours will be defined by your host company directly and is something you can discuss during your interviews with the host companies.
This programme is fully funded by the Innovate UK Grant project.
The only financial commitment required will be a refundable deposit of £200 to confirm your place on the programme. You will be entitled to get this deposit back at the end of your programme, typically within 6 weeks of your programme end date and you’ve completed a few steps we outline.
We will ask you to complete a few surveys and feedback forms before and after your programme. We will also check your attendance at your internship with the host company and to some of the online events organised as part of the programme. You’ll be required to complete a weekly check in and update the Pagoda Projects team with a summary of your thoughts of how the internship is going. We will also ask your host company for feedback on your overall performance at the end of the programme.
The criteria mentioned above is part of the terms & conditions to be entitled to get your deposit back. This will be clearly defined in your unique booking form that you will be issued and receive, which you will need to read carefully and sign to confirm your place on the programme.
REMOTE INTERNSHIP DETAILS
DURING THE PROGRAMME WE WILL BE HOSTING LOTS OF EVENTS TO IMPROVE YOUR SKILLS & GAIN EXPERIENCE
A UNIQUE WAY TO SHARE CULTURES
As part of the Remote Internship Programme interns will be partnered with a ‘Cultural Mentor’, who will help them to increase their intercultural awareness. This cultural exposure will not only assist the intern during their internship and collaborating with colleagues and external partners, but will also bridge barriers and connect students and graduates from all corners of the globe.
- Be paired with a Cultural Mentor based on common interests/areas of study to schedule one audio or video call each week.
- Provided with a theme (e.g. festivals/traditions, food music/arts etc.) to discuss and share knowledge and experiences in relation to home country culture
- Produce a weekly Cultural Blog sharing what they have learnt with inclusions of videos, pictures etc.
- Interact with the Cultural Mentor and Intern Community in online events and discussions