WELCOME DMU STUDENTS
PAGODA ONLINE EVENTS
Please find below the topics and details of your upcoming Pagoda Online Events.
TECHNOLOGY & A.I WEBINAR
Thursday 18th February 2021 – 09:00am (GMT)
The Rise and Impact of AI on Business
We are facing the most exciting revolution of our time: Intelligent technologies continue to evolve and are disrupting the status quo in all areas of life. Companies need to apply artificial intelligence, cloud computing, advanced analytics, robotics or real time analytics to their production to remain competitive. Therefore, the way we work and do business is fundamentally changing. Is it time to embrace the new normal?
- How artificial intelligence products and tools can enhance and add value to a business
- Discover the impact of technology on business
- Challenges and barriers to adopting AI technology
Rick Yvanovich – TRG International Director
Entrepreneur, Techie, Brit, baby boomer. He’s worked for 30 years in: supermarkets, accounting profession, breweries, newsagents, defence manufacturing, IT, property development and BP, in the UK, China, Singapore, Switzerland and Vietnam.
Posted to China as Finance Manager with BP, in 1990 he relocated to Vietnam likely making him the longest Brit in Vietnam and probably the first Management Accountant and CIMA member too. In 1994 he founded TRG a tech company, with a vision of making your business shine by providing stuff that works. It’s working as it’s still going and taken him to 39 of the 80 countries where TRG’s customers are. Another venture, expanded the vision to making you and yourbusiness shine; enabling people to be the best that they can be.
Active on the tech start-up scene he’s co-founder of multiple tech start-ups and mentor / coach / investor to many others across UK, Europe and Asia.
Chairman of AMCHAM Vietnam ICT Committee and a regular Vietnam speaker on tech. Cofounder and Vice-Chair of the International Project Management Association Vietnam. MSc in Strategic Business Management from Manchester Metropolitan University. Chairman of SEA Regional Board, CIMA.
CAREER & BUSINESS GROWTH WEBINAR
Tuesday 25th February 2021 – 10:00am (GMT)
- In this webinar, we will be discussing strategies and compelling insights to sharpen your skills and continue your professional growth.
- Building a Meaningful Career
- Self-awareness and reflection are key aspects to your ability to construct the right career path
- Identify your Work Values and know yourself
- Identify your Abilities and Interests
- Essential Skills
- Career Motivation and Goals
- Coaching books recommendation?
- Learn about Career development-focused topics
- Learn how to network
- Identify resources and strategies for your career path
- How to be prepared for phone and video interviews
Peter Friis Ovesen Head of Value Creation | Corporate Venture Capital | Maersk Growth
CAREERS IN THE ART – FIRESIDE CHAT
Tuesday 4th March 2021 – 09:00am (GMT)
- A fireside chat is an informal yet structured interview between a Pagoda Projects moderator and a guest. It’s a unique opportunity to uncover the speaker’s personal stories and ideas.
- How organizations and businesses in the arts and entertainment industry will recover in the face of the devastating impact of the COVID-19 pandemic?
- How a culture of creativity, innovation, and ingenuity is helping us through these unprecedented times.
- Discover the art and entertainment industry
- Understand the challenges and opportunities that the industry faces
- Expert knowledge from industry professionals
Katherine Harding – Development Manager at Alexandra Palace and RAISE Programme Strategic Lead, CIoF Cultural Sector Network
ECONOMY & EMERGING MARKETS WEBINAR
Thursday 11th March 2021 – 10:00am (GMT)
After decades of poor economic performance, emerging markets are now the most dynamic markets in the world, despite their volatility. All the players in the business world are trying to capture this growth. Defining a strategy to take advantage of the multiple but complex opportunities offered by these markets is a major challenge to most of companies.
- Challenges faced by transition and emerging-market economies
- Key Emerging Markets and spotlight on Asian countries
- How low-cost innovations take place in emerging markets.
- What are the risks encountered by firms operating in emerging countries
- Discuss emerging markets and their characteristics.
- Identify the main differences and similarities that characterize emerging economies.
- Analyze the challenges and opportunities presented by emerging economies.
- Examine how low-cost innovations take place in emerging markets.
- Assessing the risk encountered by firms operating in emerging countries.
- Analyze the additional ethical challenges and issues of social responsibility common in emerging markets.
Osman Faisal – Economist for the UK’s Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
Masters graduate currently working within the Civil Service as an Environmental Economist, Osman has experience with macro and micro modelling in a range of econometric and data science methods. He is also well versed in programme management, appraisal and evaluation in the climate and energy sphere.
Thursday 18th March 2021 – 10:00am (GMT)
- Room n°1 – The Success of Content Marketing
- Room n°2 – Measuring Digital Marketing Success
- Room n°3 – The Importance of Storytelling
- Case Study: Pagoda Projects Newsletters
- Live Q&A
- Define Marketing
- Understand fundamental marketing concepts, theories, and principles in areas of marketing.
- Develop creative solutions to marketing problems.
- Explain how marketing creates value for the consumer, the company, and society
- Describe the role of marketing in building and managing customer relationships
Riya Shah – MSc in Management and Marketing at the University of Dundee
Riya Shah is an Alumni from our first Pagoda Projects programme run in Manchester in 2019. She studied a Bachelors in Commerce at Mumbai University followed by a Masters in Marketing and Management at Dundee University. During her degree at Dundee, Riya choose to complete a Marketing Internship at a Manchester Accounting firm.
Tuesday 25th March 2021 – 10:00am (GMT)
“Pagoda Branding Workshop”
The goal of this brand marketing workshop is to help students discover the basics of branding creating a fictive brand that best reflects a business vision and values. This goes towards define a brand verbal identity and clarify a business messaging.
This workshop will cover various aspects of branding: vision, goals, values, passion, strengths, target audience, with a specific case study.
The participants will be split into breakout rooms and will work on a group project for 30 minutes. Then, we’ll be reviewing and discussing the various results.
- Understand the personal branding concept
- Learn how to implement oneself personal branding
- Become familiar with the basics of online reputation to preserve personal branding.
- Learn know to establish the relationship between personal branding and online reputation
- Know more about personal branding and social media