Pagoda Projects are excited to offer an exclusive, Greater China Remote Internship Programme with students from Curtin University
Via the remote internship in a China or Taiwan-based international company related to your field of study, you will learn technical skills and develop a range of soft skills, all of which are highly sought after by employers.
The goals of the internship are to improve your understanding of international business practice and culture while boosting your employability and career prospects.
This project is funded by the Australian Government’s New Colombo Plan Mobility Program. To be eligible, students must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Not receive more than one NCP grant for an online experience during their Australian course of study (you may have received a grant for an in-person experience)
- Have applied with Curtin University. Just complete this form to get started
- If you’ve already applied with Curtin University, complete the form at the bottom of this page to Register your details with Pagoda!
DEVELOP YOUR SECTOR, TIME & PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
GAIN INTERNATIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR HOME
LEARN CROSS CULTURAL COMMUNICATION
- 10-Week Part-Time, Remote Internship program (minimum 16 hours per week)
- Browse over 150 remote internship listings and select which positions to apply for
- Chat with our experienced placement team, undertake interviews and secure your position
- On-board on to our unique remote internship with the guidance and assistance of our team
- Get matched with your own Cultural Mentor to discuss weekly topics and learn about the culture of your host location
- Attend weekly events covering a vast range of themes and topics
- Use our bespoke app to manage all aspects of your internship with us
- Take part in Pagoda Courses relating to employability
- Enjoy all the benefits of being a Pagoda Alumni member with dedicated Linkedin / Facebook groups & know about Pagoda Job opportunities first!
- Our remote internship program fee is $2,400
- Full NCP funding available for eligible candidates
- There’s no up front payment to make, or application fee to start the process
- The fee is only due once you understand your funding or expense and you have signed our booking form to accept your place on the programme
- A $200 AUD deposit will be requested once you’ve finalised your place on the program and is fully refundable once you’ve completed your internship and some feedback surveys.
The Program will begin Monday 22nd November 2021 and finish on Friday 28th January 2022.
Participants are expected to commit themselves to your agreed work schedule during this time, internships are typically Monday-Friday and public holidays will differ in the host location. Exact number of working hours each week will differ slightly between the different host companies, this along with holiday dates should be discussed directly with your host company.
Application deadline is 22nd October 2021.
Get in touch if you have any questions relating to the dates of the program.
HOW IT WORKS
Check out the programme details and if you like what you see, apply to Curtin University to check your credit and funding eligibility
Once you understand funding available to you or what you need to pay and are happy to proceed. Go through our application form and let our team know what you’re hoping to do
Once we’re happy we can provide you with the experience you’re looking for, sign our booking form to confirm your place on the programme. You’ve confirmed your internship and we will start introducing you to companies and completing your onboarding – congratulations!
DURING THE PROGRAM WE WILL BE HOSTING LOTS OF EVENTS TO IMPROVE YOUR SKILLS & GAIN EXPERIENCE
A UNIQUE WAY TO SHARE CULTURES
As part of the Remote Internship Program interns will be partnered with a ‘Cultural Mentor’, who will help you to increase your intercultural awareness. This cultural exposure will not only assist you during your internship and collaborating with colleagues and external partners, but will also help you understand non-internship related cultural considerations and open your mind to new ways of thinking
– You’ll be paired with a Cultural Mentor based and schedule one audio or video call each week.
– You’ll be provided with a weekly theme (e.g. festivals/traditions, food music/arts etc.) to discuss and share knowledge and experiences in relation to your respective country’s culture
– Write up your learnings as part of your Cultural Journal as part of your weekly internship check-in, sharing what your have learnt with inclusions of any videos or pictures
– Interact with your Cultural Mentor and the wider Intern Community in online events and discussions
DON’T FORGET TO APPLY BEFORE THE DEADLINE – 22nd OCTOBER 2021