6-12 MONTH PAID
Pagoda Projects are excited to announce the launch of a Canadian Scholarship program for 2020, offering 5 lucky students a chance to complete their co-op paid placement in the amazing city of Taipei, Taiwan for FREE!
The Pagoda Projects scholarship program is a fantastic opportunity which enables Canadian students to complete their co-op placement in Taiwan, worth $2,600CAD!
WATCH - Placement Program Overview
Alongside the minimum working hours required to accredit the internship, Pagoda Projects works with you, your host company and your university to ensure the internships fulfil academic requirements and workplace health and safety standards.
The internships are paid at or above Taiwanese minimum wage and you will receive unrivalled pre-departure and on-place support from InternChina’s experienced team.
We’re offering 1 place specifically for applicants with indigenous heritage, the rest for the wider population of Canada to apply.
The application window is now open for our co-op scholarship places and deadline to apply is February 14th 2020.
- Placements start from 1st June 2020, you must commit to at least 6 months and you’re only able to stay in Taiwan for a maximum of 12 months.
- Salary during internship in Taipei depends on the amount negotiated with the host company, national minimum wage is approx $6.15CAD per hour/$900CAD per month.
- Any successful applicants will be required to provide a deposit of £200 to our UK account that will be paid back on completion of your agreed placement.
Click here to see a full list of our placement host companies!
Name: Russel Bangayan
Program details: 12 month, accredited, paid placement
University: University of Central Lancashire
Is there a program fee?
Normally yes, but we’re offering 5 students the chance to be awarded the scholarship to cover the $2,600CAD program fee! The scholarship includes comprehensive support from Pagoda Projects throughout the placement, the visa processing fees, travel & health insurance plus much more!
- Must hold a valid Canadian passport, that’s valid for at least 18 months at the point of applying for the scholarship (due to visa application requirements).
- Must be currently enrolled in a Canadian higher education institution.
- Must be looking for the internship program to be an accredited part of their course.
- Must be between the ages of 18-29 (due to visa restrictions).
- Must have a GPA of at least 65% or higher for their time at university.
- Must have indigenous heritage if applying for the specific place we have reserved for FNIM students.
What's the application process?
- Complete the application form below.
- Pagoda Projects will review your application, request CV and invite you for a 30-45 minute telephone interview.
- Pagoda Projects will then review all applications and award the funding shortly after the application end dates to those who score highest on throughout the process.
- If selected, Pagoda Projects will require the applicant to provide the refundable program deposit and start working on finalizing the internship position.
- Pagoda Projects will provide the detailed visa instructions and those who are selected can book flights and look forward to an amazing experience in Taipei!
When is the application deadline?
Application deadline – midnight, 14th February 2020
What's the application timeline?
|Scholarship application deadline||February 14th, 2020||All applications would need to be submitted through the Pagoda Projects website by this date.|
|Screening process||February 28th, 2020||Phone interview will need to be completed with a member of the Pagoda Projects – Manchester team.|
|Outcome of scholarship applications||March 2nd, 2020||All applicants will be notified by email with the outcome of their application.|
|Applicants accept scholarship offer||March 6th, 2020||Applicants would need to confirm they’re happy to take part, sign a booking form and transfer the fully refundable program deposit.|
|Placement process with host companies||March 9th, 2020||Participants will work with the Pagoda Projects Taipei team to apply and interview with several of the available positions.|
|Placements confirmed||April 24th, 2020||Participants will be offered at least one role from one of our partner host companies.|
|Participants book flights||April 27th, 2020||Participants will be encouraged to book flights when their placement has been confirmed, not before.|
|Visa processing||April 27th, 2020||Pagoda Projects will provide all the details needed for you to obtain the correct working holiday visa for Taiwan.|
|Arrival in Taiwan from||June 1st, 2020||Participants can arrive any date in the year.|
What's not included in the scholarship?
- The cost of travelling to and from Taiwan.
- Housing, food, drink and other general expenses while in Taipei.
- The cost of any vaccinations, based on the applicant’s medical history and their doctor’s recommendations.
- The cost of any optional Pagoda Projects trips the successful applicants decide to take part in.
- The cost of the recommended and provided phone plan by Pagoda Projects, after the first month.
Are the placements paid?
Yes. As with all Pagoda Projects programs, you will know exactly how much you will be paid, interview with the placement company and confirm your placement well before setting off for your epic adventure! The salary for Taipei placements will easily cover living expenses (rent, food etc).
Which sectors are available?
Do I need to speak Chinese to participate?
No, although it will help for everyday life! Most of our partner companies don’t require any Chinese language skills. If you do happen to speak Mandarin, or can read/write traditional characters then this will open up more possibilities when it comes to finding you a position.
As you will be living in Taipei for a while, we do encourage you to do some self learning of the basics though to help you settle in. Pagoda Projects also offer language lessons at an affordable but additional cost, if you’re looking to become a Mandarin master!
How many hours will I be on placement?
What's the cost of living like in Taiwan?
With the salary you earn from your internship host company, you shouldn’t have any worries about being able to pay rent/eat and enjoy your time in Taipei! We’ve created an extensive budgeting guide that clarifies what you’re likely to be spending on a monthly basis throughout your time on the program here.
Which visa will I have?
For the Taipei program you will be issued a working holiday visa. Pagoda Projects will help you register with the labor bureau once in Taipei also. All visa application fees are included in the program fee and InternChina will guide you through the visa application process.
Name: Thomas Hanlon
Internships: Finance and Business
Program details: 10 month, paid placement
University: Sheffield Hallam University
Taipei is the capital city of Taiwan, located in the north of the island, only a short metro ride away from the beach. The city is home to around 3 million people and one of the tallest buildings in the world (Taipei 101). Free wifi throughout the city, one of the best transportation systems and amazing street food… no wonder Taiwan won the top country in the world with the best quality of life! (source).
Have a browse through the following blogs for more info on the city –
Everything you need to know about Taipei