Pagoda Projects are excited to announce the launch of our University of Dundee Remote Internship Programme, specifically for 5 CEPMLP students!
Our mission remains focussed on increasing cultural understanding, developing employability skills and helping our participants to gain valuable work experience.
Benefits of a Remote Internship
DEVELOP YOUR SECTOR, TIME & PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
GAIN INTERNATIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR HOME
LEARN CROSS CULTURAL COMMUNICATION
- All the remote internships would be a minimum of 8-weeks in duration and maximum of 12, commencing over summer 2021.
- Internship host companies could be based in any of destinations in China, Mexico, Vietnam & UK.
- You select what internships to apply for and our experienced placement team will guide you through through the application process.
- Be matched with one of our cultural mentors from a destination outside of your home country and be provided discussion points to learn about another way of life!
- Gain access to Pagoda Projects exclusive event calendar, focusing on improving your cultural understanding, sector knowledge and international employability.
- Enjoy all the benefits of being a Pagoda Alumni member with dedicated Linkedin / Facebook groups & know about Pagoda Job opportunities first!
- More details about each part of the programme, eligibility and the application form can be found below!
Start Date – June 2021
End Date – August 2021
All the remote internships we’re offering for the summer are full-time positions, Monday-Friday each week for the duration of the programme. Exact number of working hours each week will differ slightly between the different host companies to choose from.
Due to an extensive event calendar being organised and along with the cultural mentor aspect of the programme, the programme dates will be fixed as to when you can start your internship. However, these are yet to be finalised for 2021.
Get in touch if you have any questions relating to the dates of the programme.
DEADLINE TO APPLY – 1st March 2021
DURING THE PROGRAMME WE WILL BE HOSTING LOTS OF EVENTS TO IMPROVE YOUR SKILLS & GAIN EXPERIENCE
A UNIQUE WAY TO SHARE CULTURES
As part of the Remote Internship Programme interns will be partnered with a ‘Cultural Mentor’, who will help them to increase their intercultural awareness. This cultural exposure will not only assist the intern during their internship and collaborating with colleagues and external partners, but will also bridge barriers and connect students and graduates from all corners of the globe.
– Be paired with a Cultural Mentor based on common interests/areas of study to schedule one audio or video call each week.
– Provided with a theme (e.g. festivals/traditions, food music/arts etc.) to discuss and share knowledge and experiences in relation to home country culture
– Produce a weekly Cultural Blog sharing what they have learnt with inclusions of videos, pictures etc.
– Interact with the Cultural Mentor and Intern Community in online events and discussions
ELIGIBILITY & FUNDING
As part of the programme, students applying will be only be considered if they meet the below eligibility criteria.
- Current University of Dundee MSc student, studying a course within the CEPMLP school.
- Available over the summer of 2021 to complete a full-time accredited internship.
- Passionate about gaining some remote international work experience.
The funding for this programme has generously been provided by the CEPMLP school at the university for 5 students, across the variety of courses on offer. Please get in touch if you have any questions related to what’s included and your eligibility!
Past Dundee Students on the Programme
DON’T FORGET TO APPLY BEFORE THE DEADLINE – 1st March 2021