A friend once told me he’d love to live in a city by the sea where the winters are as cold and snowy as in Germany and a summers are as hot as Andalucía in Spain. An international city where he could find a good job related to the field of Biology and also stay in touch with his Russian routes would be ideal. I laughed at him back then, but now I have to say, I think I’ve actually found it! Dalian is a city full of many opportunities for everyone, especially for foreigners. Not only that, but it’s also really beautiful.
I this blog I thought I would explain the main transport links in and out of Dalian. It’s a pretty well connected with several different means of transport running form the city centre depending where it is your coming from and which exciting destination you’re heading to next.
Most people arrive her by air. Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport has more than 30 international flight routes, including Munich, Frankfurt, Paris, Singapore and London. As well as more than 68 domestic flights, (including flights to the other 3 InternChina destinations Qingdao, Chengdu and Zhuhai)! With the airport just 16km from the city centre, getting to this awesome city couldn’t be any easier.
Airport – getting there
It’s a mere 10 minutes by taxi to the city centre, costing roughly 20 CNY. The official taxi rank can be found on the east side of the airport.
- Airport shuttle bus: Regular shuttle buses run after every flight, taking passenger to the main train station as well as Renmin Road (city centre). Full route: Airport- Shahekou Railway Station – Wuyi Square-Civil Aviation Building – Shengli Square (Victory Square) – Renmin Lu. You can booked in advance from the airport ticket office on Zhongshan Lu, just opposite Xiwang Square. (5 Yuan per person)
- Public buses: There are two options: 701 Bus – terminates at Zhongshan Square, or 710 bus – terminates at the Harbor; Sanba Square and Erqui Square. (1 Yuan per person)
Already in China travelling? Trains and long distance buses to Dalian are also very convenient.
- Train: Dalian is well connected to the rail networks in China, trains from the city can reach any city in northeast China. Dalian has two stations: Dalian Central train Station has direct trains to Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou. It is located in the bustling commercial centre near Qingniwaqiao in the downtown area. Dalian North Train Station is located 30 minutes away from downtown and provides all High Speed Rail services to and from the city.
- Long distance buses: The city is situated at the tip of the Liaodong Peninsular and has two main highways that extend northeast to cover the peninsular. This makes the connections between Dalian and four other major cities, namely Shenyang, Liaoyang, Dandong, Qinhuangdao, very convenient. There are five long distance passenger bus stations across city.
- Boat: The Passenger Port is located at the northern end of Wuwu Lu in the eastern end of the Liaodong Peninsular. Passenger ships leave for Yantai, Weihai, Tianjin and Penglai Changhai County daily. Ships also sail for Incheon, Korea every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The Daein Ferry leaves at 18:00 and the Seacost Ferry at 15:30, the journey takes roughly 17 hours. Best get to the passenger port at least half an hour before your departure time to check in!
Come and join the fun, apply now!